CEM Newsletter – June 2016
Dear friends in Christ,
For the first time since I arrived in Zambia in 2007, I, Marjanne, will not write to you about what is going on in the Christian Education Ministry… I have asked my colleague Mwenya Musonda to write this newsletter. I am thankful to introduce him as the Assistant Ministry Leader for CEM! Last AGM I proposed to do so and the trustees agreed. It means a new step in the process of handing over the project in future to local hands. Musonda has been working for CEM since May 2011 and step by step we take him along in all that is involved in our ministry. So now I give the pen to him and he writes:
Our ministry is expanding. We ended 2015 with 35 community schools. At the moment we work with 40 schools and still more have applied. Our mission is not only to see that the Word of God is shared with the children, but it is also to see that the Word is shared with the teachers as they prepare Bible lessons. As you will be aware it is God’s command to do so. (Mathew 28:19 and Jonah 1)
We are working with a team of 7 trainers who are helping us to supervise the schools, so we really work as a team.
We thank God for the successful conference we had in April and for the 55 teachers who attended the conference from various villages and towns. Some teachers travelled more than 80 kilometres on their bike! We also had a teacher from Chipata, so for the first time we reach even out to a town 180 kilometres to the East of Covenant College.
- Thanks to our almighty Father for 2 new trainers, Bartolomeo Kapila and Wilson Tembo.
- Thanks for a motorbike which will help Musonda to reach remote areas for supervising schools.
- Thanks for the well-wishers and churches for their financial support.
- Thanks to all of you who are praying for us.
- Thanks for the appointment of Musonda as Assistant Ministry Leader.
- Thanks for Marjanne as well for a good heart for the ministry and for serving in Zambia as a missionary.
- Pray for our ministry that we may see many doors opened for the Word of God and that children and teachers will be converted.
- Pray for trainer Lewis Chisenga, whose wife died on the 8th of May.
Warm greetings from the CEM team!